Monday, October 24, 2011

Welcome to the Spontaneous Homebody!

Greetings fellow travelers!

Welcome to my blog! I am excited to join the blogging community and share my passion for travel. This past summer, I finally fulfilled my dream in backpacking around Southeast Asia and took a solo train ride from Bangkok all the way down to Singapore. Planning the trip was almost as exciting as the voyage itself, and I sought assistance from blogs, review sites, and general travel sites such as Lonely Planet and Trip Advisor. Nevertheless, I still had to spend considerable time sifting through bits and pieces of information to plan my journey.

As a result, I created this blog to give readers advice on the logistics and costs of traveling based on my experiences. In addition, the blog will feature reviews of places, anecdotes, and personal photos. Hopefully, my blog will serve as a one-stop shop in providing substantial information for your travels at an affordable cost. Also, even if you're not actively planning for an upcoming trip, I hope this blog will inspire homebodies to become more spontaneous.



Speaking of which, where did the phrase "spontaneous homebody" come from? It's a long story, but it has much to do with my beloved sidekicks a.k.a. cousins, Kim and Minh. Several years ago, we were cavorting around New York City, and I proclaimed that despite our homebody nature, we were spontaneous whenever we traveled. Thus, the phrase stuck and became a happy running joke among the three of us.

In the end, I look forward to sharing my knowledge with you and hope to inspire homebodies to travel and see the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment